Below are a few useful things I find helpful when boating. Also a few track of voyages completed.
- SafeAnchor – Best app found to let you rest at night :->
- Tides Planner – Has helpful anchoring feature (AppStore)
- WaveTrax – Free App that will track your voyage any allow annotations / photos to be added to a printable log book.
- Navionics – Useful backup for your chart plotter, great for planning trips
- webapp.navionics.com – Proper Navigation charts worldwide
- Click the little arrow mid left of the screen
- Click Settings / Units, Select Distrance NM
- Now you can use the Compass Icon (bottom right) to measure distance
- By using NM (Nautical Miles) times are easy to calculate.
- A distance of 10 NM at 5 knots = 2 hrs
- PredictWind – The paid subscription is worth while
- Motoring – Maritimo 52 “Max-Sea Lady”
- 2016 Trip North: Google Maps
- Make sure you click the Satellite icon in the bottom left to see the Islands in full colour.
- Make sure you zoom in at Lady Musgrave :->
- Navionics Tracks
- Day 1: Gold Coast to Mooloolaba
- Day 2: Mooloolaba to Fraser Island
- Day 3: Fraser Island to Lady Musgrave
- Day 4: Lady Musgrave to Yeppoon
- Day 5: Yeppoon to Island Head Creek (no track recorded)
- Day 6: Island Head Creek to Hamilton Island
- Sailing – Seawind 1000 “Dream-On”
Here is a collection of anchorages I have been collating: